Porterbrook Leasing Company specialises in the leasing of all types of railway rolling stock and associated equipment. Based in Derby with a corporate Head Office in London, the organisation is undertaking a period of transformational change as it responds to the changing landscape in rail. The commercial function is seeking the most talented commercial and technical resources in the industry to join its team, to enable the business to be fit for the future.
This is an opportunity to join Porterbrook within a bid management capacity where you will be responsible for processing the re-leasing and financier tenders for new rolling stock. This a varied role which requires management of key stakeholders both internal and external whilst ensuring a consistent and effective level of governance across all bids and tenders is applied in order to deliver a high level of service to the business.
- Pre-bid Phase:
- Support the bid qualification requirements for new opportunities
- Work with the Commercial Manager to establish meetings with key personnel within customer, bid team & potential suppliers for new opportunities
- Ensure all enquires are dealt with promptly in order maintain high levels of satisfaction & develop new business opportunities
- Bid Phase:
- Establish and maintain a customer portal for sharing documents
- Maintain an action log for bids through a tracker and ensure responses to customer questions / issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Create a bid plan / timeline for every bid / opportunity & ensure all internal contributors are managed to deliver their aspect of the bid
- Co-ordinate regular bid review meetings
- Prepare bid formats in a user-friendly format
- Draft the written proposal with support from the commercial manager and Re-leasing Manager when necessary – in terms of content and presentation
- Work with stakeholders to check the commercial and technical aspects of the response
- Prepare any bid presentations as required
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Manage the bid budget
- Post-bid Phase:
- Support contract meetings with clients once projects have been awarded
- Create internal directory of bid materials
Skills / Experience:
- Degree / HND in related discipline
- Knowledge of railway industry rolling stock / operating routes / organisations and players
- Experience in rail franchising would be an advantage
- Bid management acumen
- Highly effective communicator and listener
- Bid / Tender writing and presentation skills
- · Computer literacy
We are seeking the very best talent to join the team, and offer an excellent salary, along with bonus and benefits. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great organisation with excellent people and a road map for the future to grow and develop the business.
To apply please send your CV and a covering email with full details of why you would be a great addition to the Porterbrook team, along with details of your current salary and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Porterbrook is a disability confident employer.