Porterbrook Leasing Company specialises in the leasing and asset management of passenger and freight railway rolling stock and associated equipment. Based in Derby with a corporate Head Office in London, the organisation is undertaking a period of transformational change as it responds to the changing landscape in rail and is taking an active lead in the industry in terms of innovation. The ability to maximise the advantages of digital services within the industry will be a game changer in terms of reliability and performance.
The overall objective of the role is to support Porterbrook in maintaining the value of company assets and to ensure that their customers are fully satisfied with the product they lease. This role will support the delivery and development of the Porterbrook Digital Services Portfolio. This would include architecting and delivering high performance data ingestion and transformation platform and to offer solutions to improve the performance of the data platform to create a secure and stable solution for Porterbrook’s products.
Successful candidates must have experience in:
- Azure data components such as Azure SQL DB, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks
- Databricks Delta Lake
Other desirable skills include:
- Developing data models and have strong Python/Scala and SQL skills for manipulating data
- Data profiling, cataloguing, and mapping
- Developing high impact visualisations and presenting the analytics to technical and non-technical audiences using products such as Power BI
- Understanding the business objectives and actively contribute to the team and support data scientists
- Working with big data ideally in the engineering sector
- A relevant degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or relevant certificates including Azure Data Fundamentals, Azure Data Engineer Associate etc
We are seeking the very best talent to join the team, and offer an excellent salary, along with bonus and benefits. The role is offered as a fixed term contract for 12 months with the potential to go permanent. The position is based in Derby however there is the option for home working.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great organisation with excellent people and a road map for the future to grow and develop the business.
To apply please upload your CV and a covering letter with full details of why you would be a great addition to the Porterbrook team, along with details of your current salary and notice period to our retained recruitment consultant Fiona Irvine at Rainbow HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Porterbrook is a disability confident and living wage accredited employer.