Porterbrook Leasing Company specialises in the leasing and asset management of passenger and freight railway rolling stock and associated equipment. Based in Derby with a corporate Head Office in London, the organisation is undertaking a period of transformational change as it responds to the changing landscape in rail and is taking an active lead in the industry in terms of innovation. The business will be taking over Long Marston, which is a large rail facility including a rail loop south of Stratford-upon-Avon, in June 2021. This will move the business into new markets and further confirm Porterbrook as a leader and innovator within the Rail Industry
The overall objective of the Head of Site is to lead the establishment of the Long Marston rail facility for Porterbrook, including leading on the creation of compelling commercial business cases, supporting the mobilisation from an operational perspective and to manage the site operations to ensure it is safe, of a highly consistent quality and which maximises the opportunities presented by the site.
The Head of site will be accountable for all site operations at Long Marston and lead the operations team across a range of disciplines to deliver a highly efficient and safe operation. This includes the relationship with the landlord and supply chain, being an internal service provider to other business functions and ensuring there is a high level of overall stakeholder satisfaction, including external clients.
- support the mobilisation of Long Marston, to ensure a seamless transition on day one
- provide advice to the workstream leaders across a range of topics
- manage the transition period to ensure there is seamless delivery post day one
- manage all changes to the site over time, including planning permissions, supplier management and overall project management
- the delivery of compelling business cases which deliver a positive return on investment
- manage the site in accordance with the business case and ensure the benefits are delivered
- develop external investment streams to enhance the site and work in partnership with organisations to improve the facility and benefits delivered
- manage the relationship with those holding events on the site and continue to build on this side of the business
Ideally a Chartered Engineer with around 10 years engineering experience and a good level of rail operations exposure, preferably within a test track environment or similar. It is expected you will come equipped with good knowledge of the rail market including the associated supply chain with experience in railway operations, fleet engineering, business management and a strong focus on safety and compliance
Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills are required as the role holder will work with a wide range of external suppliers/customers along with the internal teams across the Porterbrook business. Naturally you will have a high level of professional and personal gravitas with the ability to create strong commercial business cases
We are seeking the very best talent to join the team, and offer an excellent salary, along with wider company benefits. The location is Long Marston with travel to the Derby and London offices also required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great organisation with excellent people and a road map for the future to grow and develop the business.
To apply please upload your CV and a covering letter with full details of why you would be a great addition to the Porterbrook team, along with details of your current salary and notice period to our retained recruitment consultant. Fiona Irvine at Rainbow HR.
Porterbrook is a disability confident employer.