Fixed term to end of 2021
Porterbrook Leasing Company specialises in the leasing and asset management of passenger and freight railway rolling stock and associated equipment. Based in Derby with a corporate Head Office in London, the organisation is undertaking a period of transformational change as it responds to the changing landscape in rail and is taking an active lead in the industry in terms of innovation. The business will be taking over Long Marston, which is a large rail facility including a rail loop south of Stratford-upon-Avon, in June 2021. This will move the business into new markets and further confirm Porterbrook as a leader and innovator within the Rail Industry
The overall objective of the Infrastructure and Property Project Manager is to provide comprehensive project management support to the main projects due to be implemented on the Long Marston site. These include the warm storage facility, overall site layout and associated activities, spares facility and other commercial activities as these become approved through individual business cases.
- Create detailed plans for each project
- To manage all external stakeholders including the local councils
- Manage all project budgets, risks and reporting lines
- Supporting mobilisation of the site
- An individual who is a self-starter and is effective working either alone or as part of a team to complete the job to the highest level. Excellent technical knowledge/awareness of construction and associated activities for delivery of projects related to infrastructure and property
- Able to take a pragmatic approach to challenges and actively solve problems before they become issues.
- Experience of taking full accountability for the end to end project management , with a track record in achieving quality results
- Knowledge of Oracle-based systems
Our ideal person will have 5 to 8 years project management experience within a construction or infrastructure setting, with knowledge of railway rolling stock, depot operations and components.
You will be educated to degree or further education standard, preferably in either Engineering, Law, or Business Management. A project management qualification would be desirable as would legal or commercial experience
Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills are required as the role holder will work with a wide range of external suppliers/customers along with the internal teams across the Porterbrook business. Naturally you will have a high level of professional and personal gravitas with the ability to create strong commercial business cases
We are seeking the very best talent to join the team, and offer an excellent salary, along with wider company benefits. The location is Long Marston with travel to the Derby and London offices also required, please note the role is available on a fixed contract basis to the end of 2021.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great organisation with excellent people and a road map for the future to grow and develop the business.
To apply please upload your CV and a covering letter with full details of why you would be a great addition to the Porterbrook team, along with details of your current salary and notice period to our retained recruitment consultants - Rainbow HR.
Porterbrook is a disability confident employer.