Thank you for showing an interest in the Innovation Hub 2020. The Hub is a static vehicle which will allow selected suppliers to showcase their new and innovative ideas at Rail Live 2020 (June 17th/18th).
Due to a high level of interest and limited space we may not be able to accommodate all submissions. Therefore, please could you complete the form below in a clear and accurate manner, which will allow us to fairly assess and allocate places based on the innovation being displayed.
Porterbrook are providing the Innovation Hub, a dedicated platform to show innovations, free of charge to suppliers. We therefore require suppliers to cover the costs of providing, installing and removing (at an appropriate time, if required) their innovations.
Porterbrook are committed to supporting the Rail Sector Deal. The 2020 Innovation Hub will have a focus on three themes:
Supporting the Rail Forum Midlands (RFM) pilot programme “SME growth through collaboration"
Supporting the Rail Sector Deal workstream “Transformation through digitalisation”
Supporting the Rail Sector Deal workstream “Delivering a sustainable UK rail sector”
Please note the following when filling in your submission:
- The 2020 installation period is currently scheduled to be April – mid May. Successful suppliers will need to be able to work to these schedules;
- Please work on the assumption that WIFI will not be available, this may change but we cannot guarantee it at this time;
- Communications signal can at times be very poor on site (Long Marston CV37 8PL)
- The Innovation Hub does have an ethernet backbone fitted which can be used to pass data along the vehicle – please get in touch if you require more details;
- Successful suppliers will be invited to a Supplier Day at Long Marston on Tuesday 4th February.
As part of Porterbrook’s commitment to supporting the Rail Sector Deal – Midlands Pilot, we are partnering with RFM to offer a half day collaboration workshop on the 18th November at a central location to be confirmed. The collaboration workshop will cover:
- Innovation Hub 2019 Summary (Porterbrook)
- Innovation Hub 2020: What we plan to achieve (Porterbrook)
- Industry Partnership: What we are looking for (RFM)
- Collaboration guidance (RFM)
- 2019 Supplier Case Study
If you are interested in attending the collaboration workshop to support your submission, please reserve a place here.