The annual Modern Railway's Golden Spanners Awards were held on Friday 25th November, with Porterbrook taking home three gold, two silver, and two bronze awards.
“The Spanners” is the annual event at which the rolling stock sector meets to celebrate improvements in train maintenance practices and reliability.
The latest awards means that Porterbrook has now won a total of 56 Golden Spanners in the years since they commenced.
This year, Porterbrook’s winning fleets are:
- South Western Railway Class 455 (Ex-BR EMU)
- West Midlands Trains Class 350/2 (1st Generation New EMU)
- South Western Railway Class 159/0 (Ex-BR DMU)
- Northern Trains Class 155 (Ex-BR DMU)
- East Midlands Railway Class 170 (1st Generation New DMU)
- Govia Thameslink Railway Class 387 (1st Generation New EMU)
- Govia Thameslink Railway Class 171 (1st Generation New DMU)