The rail freight sector plays a vital role in the UK economy
Each year Britain’s freight trains carry £30bn worth of goods across
the country, reducing road movements and in the process improving
overall air quality.
Porterbrook actively supports and invests in rail freight, providing operators with high quality assets that support national and regional government objectives of delivering modal shift from road to rail.
Our dedicated freight team works in partnership with businesses across the sector, offering cost effective products and services to help our customers achieve market growth.
Our portfolio range includes:
- New build locomotives and innovative re-engineering of existing assets with sustainable power-sources
- Repurposed high-performance passenger trains for light logistics and time-sensitive traffic
- A range of new and modified wagons to cater for growth predictions and commodity changes
- Finance options for land redevelopment to create state-of-the-art rail connected distribution hubs
- Competitive financing for On-Track Machines and Yellow Plant
- Digital & Data Analytics services for shippers, operators and infrastructure owners
Our rolling stock asset management plans include:
- Dry leases
- Soggy leases
- Full turnkey solutions